Lemon Groundwork Solutions are totally committed to reduce the impact of its activities on the environment. It maintains a commitment to minimise the adverse effects of those impacts through the implementation and continual improvement of an environmental management system.
The Company’s environmental management system will ensure compliance with environmental legislation and the prevention of pollution through appropriate risk control consistent with maintaining an exceptional service to its customers.
By adopting a life-cycle perspective the Company recognises the impact its activities have on the environment. This includes the sourcing and procurement of our raw materials, to the end of life impacts associated with the consumer products that contain our products. As a consequence it is our intention to maintain and continually improve our environmental management system, in accordance with ISO 14001: 2015, such that it achieves the goals of protection of the environment (including the prevention of pollution), improved environmental performance and meeting all our compliance obligations.
The following policy commitments will allow us to meet these goals:
- Ensure the ethical sourcing, procurement and supply of our raw materials through the use of suppliers that have been fully evaluated and approved.
- Ensure that our environmental management system objectives and processes are effectively embedded within wider business processes and ensure that the latter respond to the risks and opportunities presented by the changing local and global context within which the Company operates.
- Establish and monitor the progress of annual environmental improvement objectives; these will be informed by our significant environmental aspects, compliance and legislative obligations, and identified risks and opportunities.
- Minimise the environmental impact of our waste generation, including scrap, through in-process recycling, increasing resource efficiency and ensuring all possible waste streams are segregated for recycling.
- Implement effective communication mechanisms and comprehensive internal training programmes with the aim of establishing and continuing a culture of environmental awareness within the company. This will ensure all staff are aware of their role in maintaining an effective environmental management system and in minimising the risk of adverse environmental impacts from operations.
- Supply customers with concrete reinforcement that has a low mean carbon footprint.
- Minimise the use and emission to the environment through the selection, maintenance and use of fleet vehicles, machinery and utilities.
- Communicating the Company’s Environmental Policy and commitments to all staff.
The Management Team is responsible for the implementation of this policy and for ensuring that adequate resources exist to sustain an effective environmental management system. This policy will be communicated to all staff and contractors within the Company and made available to interested parties.
To view or download all of our policies please visit our Downloads page.